My first pen with this ink was my Sailor 1911 Sterling Silver with a medium nib. The Sailor medium is a thin medium.
These notes are from that single use
- The deep red of the ink is great
- The ink was a real pain to clean from the pen. No staining, but uncountable flushes and flicking to remove all traces of the ink. I expect red ink to be harder to flush out, but this was more work than I expected. But the color is worth it.
- I had some minor flow issues after the pen had been idle for a few days. Nothing major, but some false starts and an occasional skip. Eventually it worked itself out.
- Nice shading with the ink even with the relatively thin line.
- I didn’t see any of the gold sheen others have described.
I’ll be using this ink more and will update these notes as it flows through more pens.
Additional Reading (or Viewing)