After a month of boring stability in my pen selection I’m finally changing things up this week. So this week’s pens are:
- Gate City New Dunn with a medium nib and Noodler’s Apache Sunset. This is the “Tattler” version and I think the Apache Sunset ink looks cool in it.
- Gate City New Postal with a fine nib and Pelikan Brilliant Black Ink
- Franklin-Christoph Model 02 Intrinsic with a medium italic nib and Waterman blue-black ink.
- Franklin-Christoph Model 29 with a fine nib and J. Herbin Lie De The ink.
- Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black with a fine nib and a Sailor Black ink cartridge.
- Bexley Imperial with a fine nib and J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage ink.
- Waterman Edson with a fine nib. For some reason Waterman Florida Blue is the only ink I can get into this pen.
The Gate City New Dunn/Noodler’s Apache Sunset pairing has become my favorite pen/ink combination, at least for the moment. Despite the massive ink capacity I’ve refilled it rather than rotating it out of my pen case.
The Waterman Edson had the distinction of being my most expensive pen when I bought it in 2003 all the way through this year, only recently losing that title to my Marlborough Vintage from Conway Stewart.