I did my swabs and writing samples for the Goulet Pens November ink drop this past weekend. It took awhile to get to it since none of the inks grabbed my attention when I opened the envelope, except for one I already had. They’re nice enough, but I don’t think they’ll make it into a pen anytime soon The five November inks are:
- Diamine Ochre – This brown ink is easily my favorite among the bunch since it’s one I already have a sample. I added it when ordered some brown inks to try. Looks like it will have good saturation and shading. I do like brown inks.
- Noodler’s Tiananmen – This is a nice dark red with a purple tint in my swab. My second choice among these five inks.
- Noodler’s Cayenne – My ink swab and writing sample doesn’t look as orange as I expected. The swab does have an orange shade to it, but the writing sample (written with a glass dip pen) looks like a dark red.
- Rohrer & Kilingner Morinda – I’ve read that this is an easy tio clean red ink. If so it may be more than the common red it appears to be.
- De Atramentis Ghandi – A thin yellow ink that doesn’t appeal to me at all. Maybe useful as a highlighter or for drawing, neither is something I do.
The R&K Morinde will probably get put in a pen pretty quickly thanks to it’s reputation as an easy to clean red. But other than than, no inks jump to the top of my “must try” list, but a couple I’ll use eventually and will probably like.