I’m really working to thin out the accumulation. I started with selling 10 fountain pens and now it’s time to give away a fountain pen. The winner will be picked at the half-way point of the year and chose one of three available fountain pens.
1. Leave a comment on this post and to prove you read it, indicate the pen you want. If you win you’ll be able to change your pick, put your comment must include one of the three pens offered as a selection. I’m not looking for exact names so duplicating what I wrote as the name isn’t required and having a typo won’t disqualify you. Picking a Visioneer would disqualify you since there’s no universe where that’s a typo or a good choice.
2. One entry per person.
3. This is open internationally as long as USPS will ship there. Prizes will be declared as a gift but I am required to indicate a value. While this value will be relatively small you will be responsible for any customs fees or taxes.
4. I can’t (won’t) replace any prizes that may be lost or delayed in transit. I use the lowest cost method with no insurance and often no tracking outside the US. After many years of problem free shipping my recent history has some international deliveries taking over 30 days while touring the customs house in multiple countries only to be sent back. This applies to U.S winners too, but it’s mainly been an issue internationally.
5. Please leave your email address in the appropriate comment field. It will not be made public and I won’t add it to any mailing list or share it with others. This will allow me to contact you directly if you win. I will also post the winning comment here on the fountain pen quest but the email will prevent someone from impersonating you to claim the prize.
6. You have until noon eastern U.S. time on July 1st, 2015 to post your entry. This is mid-year in my part of the world.
7. Comments will be numbered in the order received and a winning number will be picked at random.org.
8. The winner has 7 days to contact me after I post the winner. If the prize hasn’t been claimed by then I’ll pick another winner.
Sheaffer 300 Metallic Gray This pen was provided by Goulet Pens for review purposes. You can read the review here. Of the three pens this is the hardest for me to part with. As I said in the review, I love this pen. Yet, among all my Sheaffers this gets lost so it needs a better home with someone who will use it. My one caveat is that if you must post your pens you may find this top heavy. The pen has a fine nib.
Taccia Staccato Black I won this pen in the Pen Addict’s 100th episode giveaway. I reviewed it here. The pen is nice but the broad nib and gold trim aren’t for me. I find it comfortable and considered having the nib ground more to my liking. But the gold trim is also a turn off for me.
Monteverde Impressa Pearl Silver This pen was provided by Pen Chalet for review purposes. You can read the review here. Others have liked this pen but reviews have been mixed. This one had issues so if you pick this one expect to fiddle with it. This has a fine nib, but it’s very wet.
So pick your pen: Sheaffer 300, Monteverde Imressa, or the Taccia Staccato. Leave your choice in a comment by noon eastern US time on July 1, 2015. The winner will be posted as soon as I can after that.