Entries are closed for this giveaway and the winner has been picked.. This giveaway is open internationally.
My extra ink was sent off earlier this year and my extra paper is going out now. So it’s time to move on to the hard part, culling the fountain pen accumulation.The Decongraph is an unsolicited pen I received for review. I gave the pen a quick look here but didn’t use the pen enough to give it a full review, and since I didn’t agree to do a review I didn’t feel compelled to use it. There’s nothing wrong with the pen, although I still get a whiff of the odor when I uncap it which bothers me. When I did pick it up it just didn’t pull me in. I can’t sell it and don’t want it. So, it’s up for this giveaway. This is a reviewers unit so there are slight differences to the production model, which was a limited edition (mainly around the numbering and engraving) as mentioned in my quick look.
The winner will get the Decograph 1702 along with the Karas Cylinder for the pen. A converter is included (I swap around, so probably not the original, but it fits) and an instruction pamphlet rolled up in the cylinder. As mentioned in the quick look, the pen builds up an odor when in an enclosed area, so I expect it will come with that too. The pen stand in the picture is not included.
Entries will be open through noon eastern US time on Friday, March 16, 2018. To enter, follow the requirements below:
- Answer the following question “In what country are Karas Pens made? Hint here.(Not a trick question requiring a special version of the country name, just a speedbump to verify you read the rules and had to do something to claim the pen.)
- Submit your answer in a comment, or use the contact form. Use a valid email address in the email field of the comment (not in the comment itself) or contact form. It will not be published and will not be shared. Only one entry per person (either comment OR form, not both). Comments may be held for moderation (WordPress should tell you if it is) but will be approved within 24 hours. I will not confirm submissions that use the contact form (sorry).
- I will number all entries, with contact form submissions being numbered after the comments. Then I’ll pick a number using random.org for the winner.
- The winner will have 72 hours to answer my email with their shipping info, otherwise, I move on. I will not try to hunt down someone beyond the email provided. I will post the winning comment, but you must reply to my email to claim the prize. I’ll resend the email to the same address upon request, but you must respond to my email or I’ll move on and pick someone else. No exceptions. I don’t want someone else claiming to be the winner.
I will close comments at noon on Friday (the 16th), or soon after. If I’m late closing comments then any that sneak in will be valid entries. It will take me some time to organize the contact form entries and comments before I can pick a winner so this may not occur until Saturday or even Sunday. This is a more expensive pen than my typical giveaway, so I expect a lot of entries.
- You’re eligible as long as I can start the pen on its way via USPS. I will use the least expensive shipping method.There is no insurance. If the pen is lost or damaged in transit I can’t replace it and won’t provide any other replacement prize.
- Domestic (US): Tracking is provided. If you want it sent signature required so it isn’t left at your door please request it. There is no charge, but it must be requested.
- International (outside US): The package will be declared as a gift on the customs form, but I still have to declare a value. You’re responsible for any charges that your local customs decides to assess. Officially, USPS says 7-21 days for delivery although not guaranteed. I’ve frequently had them take longer, a couple much longer. There is tracking within the US, but there may not be tracking once it leaves the US.