I recently sold odd my Visconti Brunelleschi LE fountain pen. This seems like a good time for a review and let you know why I sold it.
I bought the Brunelleschi back in March 2018 when it was originally released. I was enamored with Terra Cotta at the time, purchasing several Terra Cotta inspired inks.
While it make sound strange for a pen that I’m selling, there’s nothing I don’t like about this pen.
So why sell? The pen doesn’t call out to me. It’s only been filled five times (with four inks) and I didn’t missed it when it wasn’t inked up. It didn’t fill a unique niche in my accumulation. I’ve grown to enjoy medium nibs more over time, but it isn’t my only nice medium nib, although it is one of my top medium nibs. My Montblanc LeGrand and Sailor KOP both call out to me and I miss them when they aren’t inked. My Visconti Homo Sapien is the same size and the extra fine nib is more versatile for me. Plus, the Homo Sapien is another pen I miss when it isn’t inked.
Because the Brunelleschi is such a nice pen I felt guilty not using it enough. It deserves a better home. Finally, one reason to sell sooner rather than later is that I still have all the packaging and accessories. My track record for keeping these isn’t good.
Some observations about the Visconti Brunelleschi:
- The pen is comfortable in my hand and I can use it for extended writing sessions without fatigue.
- Visconti has a reputation for bad quality control with their nibs. This nib was great out of the box, as was my Homo Sapien.
- The pen has a nice, consistent flow.
I used four different inks in the pen, all performed well.
- Visconti Brown (Sepia) that came with the pen. I never did find out the specific name for this ink and it’s a assumption.
- Callifolio Aurora – This was a little tedious to clean from the pen. Not exactly hard, just took a long time. Desire the extra cleaning time, I used this ink twice.
- Montblanc Encre du Desert (Brown)
- Diamine Terracotta
The Visconti Brunelleschi had everything going for it, it just didn’t click with me. It has a lot of good competiion among my accumulation so I decided to sell it off.