My fountain pen usage was up this past week. I did skip a day of journaling, and the total journal pages only numbered five. But I published an article this week, and there were drafts for that. I also did considerable note-taking and made a lot of lists.
The Dark Green Lamy Aion is clearly my favorite fountain pen of the week. Unless I wanted another color or a thicker line, it has been the only fountain pen I’ve used since Tuesday. My first impressions are here, but suffice it to say; I love the Aion.
Missed, But No Regrets
I’ve been cleaning up some issues with the Fountain Pen Quest at its new home, and going through and organizing some photos. This has reminded me of fountain pens that I’ve passed on to others.
I’ve only come across one that I’ve truly missed. But, I have no regrets about selling it. I loved the tactile feel of the pen, along with the look. To top it off, it had a great nib. Despite all that, it was too thin for me to use comfortably.
Current Reads, Watches & Listens
Listening: Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy, 1943-1944 by Rick Atkinson (audiobook). I did a lot of driving this past week, which meant a lot of audiobook listening. Since I was in the groove listening to the book, I got some listening in most days, and I’m nearly done with the book. I’m enjoying it as much as any other history book and learning a few new (to me) details of history.
Reading: Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson. I was looking for a new mystery author and this was book 1 in a series that a local book club had on their reading list, so I decided to give it a try. I’m about 20% through, and while I’ll keep going, neither the story nor the main character has pulled me in.
- Lamy Aion Dark Green (EF) – I’ve been using this pen since it arrived. I inked it up with the included ink cartridge.
- Lamy Safari Green (F) – This pen still sits unused. I bought it because not was green, but I have enough Safaris already inked.
- Lamy 14k Extra-Fine nib. It arrived, but remains unused.
- Lamy 14k Oblique-Medium nib. It arrived, but remains unused.
- Lamy Aion Red (F) – I came across this locally, at a good price, so bought it since I like the Dark Green Aion so much. It remains unused. I have a little regret about the purchase. I like red, I like the pen design, but I don’t really need another pen begging to be used.